These baked coconut chicken fingers are the perfect combination of savory and sweet, and so delicious!
I love chicken fingers! They're easy to make, super kid-friendly, and fun too. I make them often when I'm short on ingredients and/or time, and they are always a family favorite. These coconut chicken fingers are a fun twist on my usual chicken fingers, and they are fantastic! I absolutely love the combination of sweet and savory, and the coconut adds some great texture and crispiness. I made an easy honey dijon dipping sauce to go with them, and it was a great pairing. These are definitely a new family favorite!
Baked Coconut Chicken Fingers
for the chicken fingers:
for the honey dijon dipping sauce:
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour the olive oil over the chicken breasts and toss to coat.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the panko, bread crumbs, coconut, salt, and pepper. Dip the chicken into the bread crumb mixture, pressing the bread crumbs onto both sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and spray the top with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- To make the sauce, whisk together the mayonnaise, dijon, and honey. Serve alongside the chicken fingers for dipping.